Thank you for your interest in Carmel Christian School!
We hope you’ll find the detailed steps below a helpful guide
during the admission process.
- Application– All admission applications are submitted online with a $250 non-refundable application fee which includes your testing fee. Kindergarten applicants should be 5 by August 1 of the academic year. Based on limited openings each year, date of submission can affect opportunity for admission. Click here to view the 2017-2018 Admission Calendar for new applicants.
- Assessment/Academic Records/Shadow Day
• Students are educationally assessed for success at Carmel Christian. Testing is completed on our campus and will be scheduled through the Admission Office.
• Official copies of the applicants academic records are required. This should include the first semester of 2016-2017.
• Report cards, transcripts, standardized testing, any previous academic testing, birth certificate and current immunization records are required.
• Each applicant grades 1 through 12 will be required to “shadow” with their prospective grade at CCS. This on-campus opportunity is a wonderful way for candidates to experience a day as a Carmel Christian student.
- Parent Interview – A formal interview with both parents will be scheduled by the Admission team with Gwen Bennett, Associate Head of Advancement. Because Carmel serves families who are Christ-followers, the primary purpose of this interview is for the parents to share their personal story of their faith in Jesus. In addition, the results of the admission testing will be shared. The interview lasts approximately 45 minutes and will be scheduled once the applicant’s file is complete.
- Decision – Upon completion of the above process and final evaluation by the admission committee, the family will be notified by email of the admission decision.
For more information, contact the Admission Office at 704-849-9723 (option 2) or email the Admission office.
Financial Aid – Financial aid applications are only considered and awarded to students who are enrolled. Need-based financial aid applications each year are due to FACTS by February 15 for the following school year. Click here for 2017-2018 financial aid application.
Carmel Christian School admits students of any race, color, national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship program and athletic and other school administered programs.